Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another funeral

Wow! I had another friend lose her battle to cancer this week. She was a good friend of the family. Two funerals, two weekends in a row is a bit much. Pray for the Hannah's family. They have lost three members of the family in four years to cancer. That is a lot for anyone to endure.

Fortunately, Hannah had come to know the Lord before she past away. She was a great lady. She will be dearly missed by many, especially my mother. She was her dearest friend.

Life is good in my world, Christmas is almost here. I love the decorating but have never enjoyed the pressure that comes with Christmas. This year has been different. I have not worried about it like in the past. Maybe, it is because my relationship to Christ has grown and I am learning to trust in Him for all my needs. He never lets me down.

God has laid it on my heart to write a letter to my children affirming them and addressing areas of my parenting where I feel I failed them. Tough to do, but I have a feeling the blessing they get from it will far outweigh the pain of reliving those tough times. Besides, God has proven to me that areas I fail in are areas that He stands in the gap and fills in for us.

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope and pray that you have a safe and blessed New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment