Monday, May 30, 2011

Wow! Has it really been a month since I last blogged. My life has been crazy busy since then. I have been to California to meet Michael's dad and then when I returned, my sciatic nerve flared up really bad. The pain was excruciating and unbearable at times. I have tried therapy, a cortisone injection in my spine, chiropractic care and massage. The massage and Active release therapy helped some and the cortisone injection lasted about three months, but then the pain returned with great fury. So I chose to have a minimally invasive spine surgery done at North American Spine in Dallas, Tx. I wanted to have it done at there Dayton, Ohio facility, but that Dr. has moved to Dallas, Tx. So, I went to Dallas.

I had surgery Wed. May 25th and today is Monday, May 30th. I cannot believe how easy the surgery was. I walked out of the hospital about three hours after surgery and was told, by my Dr., to go have some lunch and go shopping. So we did.

The next day was the worst. I had quite a bit of pressure and pain but then it began to ease up. I am still having some pain but the Dr. said it could take up to two weeks for the pain to completely go away. They have an 80-85% success rate.

I am currently putting together a gluten free vendors fair for Gluten-free Lexington and doing some photography as well. I need to get back to my writing also. I hope to do that soon, but unfortunately my back pain has kept me from doing much. Recovery takes a few weeks. I will start physical therapy in a month.

I have an online photography class I need to get started on as well as my writing. I can't wait to get started. But for now I can't lift more then ten pounds for ten days and not more then twenty pounds for 20 days. So that keeps me from carrying my camera around for a little while. But I do hope to be pain free within 4-6weeks and then working on my physical therapy so that I can get back to enjoying life once again.

Heading back to bed. Goodnight all.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please take a sec to like our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/northamericanspine

    ReplyDelete